Only four more days until I enter the wonderful word of NaNoLand!!! Four days where I will be furiously plotting, brainstorming, and freaking the fuck out until NaNoWriMo 2013 starts!
Have I done everything I need to do before this starts? The answer is simple…. I have NO idea! I really don’t know what I’ve gotten myself into here by committing to write 50,000 words in 30 days with a personal stretch goal of 80,000 words! No I’m not crazy (at least I think I’m not, I’ve never actually been tested), the stretch goal came from a dream I had a few weeks ago where I was victorious in the land of NaNo and had written 80,000 words. There were crowds cheering, trumpets playing, and I swear to god there was a fucking parade in my honor! Then I woke up and realized it was still October – Fuck.
I figure there are steps to NaNoPrep and I assume they are different for everyone. This is what mine have been:
1. Decide you want to participate
2. Freak out because you don’t know what you want to write about
3. An A-Fucking-Mazing idea pops into your head – grab onto it and tie that bitch down to the bed, she’s not going anywhere.
4. Doubt your idea is any good
5. Smack your doubting ass in the face and tell her to fuck off
6. Get super excited and start your book bible, plot papers, and climax chart (don’t get too excited, I’m talking about the story)
7. Freak out again because you only have four days and still have plot holes
8. Go on a walk and take pictures of the pretty flowers
9. I’m still freaking out about the plot holes
10. I can’t handle a 10th step so I’m just going to say this is when NaNoWriMo starts. Let the fun begin!
If you see me during November I will probably look like this…